The medium of instruction at Pinkz Public school is English and the school is affiliated to the Tamil nadu) and the ICSE We admit students from Grade 1 to 9 and 11.
We follow Xseed curriculum from PRE kg to Grade V.
Its flagship program XSEED, a path-breaking and comprehensive solution for quality teaching and learning in schools.
At the heart of XSEED is the belief that learning is a cycle based on experience,
Analysis, Action and reflection as compared to telling which is one-step. XSEED is thus designed around the 5-Step Experiential Learning Method that replaces the one-step ‘Telling’ approach.
XSEED scientifically tracks student and school performance. Schools using XSEED have reported 2-3 times improvement in academic performance in pilot studies.
- Understanding meaningful instruction/learning in the classroom ourselves.
- Using CCE in classrooms: Understanding and identifying the opportunities for Formative Assessment during classroom teaching.
- Learning Leading Cycle: Understand how learning and growth takes place and the action we, as school leaders, can take in promoting growth.
Orbits of Good Teaching:
All of us want our teachers to grow and become better/good teachers. This module is about understanding and agreeing to what is good teaching.
- Motivating People around us: Understanding the factors motivating people.
- Understanding Bloom’s Taxonomy Better: Creating a culture of Motivation in the school by providing Higher Order Things Tasks in the classrooms.
- Coaching Teachers: One way to motivate teachers is to support them in their growth. In this module we learn/refresh ourselves on techniques of coaching teachers for better academic performance.
- Enhancing personal leadership
- Building successful team
Fired by a Tamil Nadu State Board syllabus and ICSE curriculum with a common frame work, the board syllabus is futuristic and has been at the forefront of recent education reforms and keeping in line with its philosophy of keeping pace with changing times. The introduction of new dimensions to education through Life skills, Adolescence Education Program, Physical Health, Disaster Management etc. has made the curriculum more comprehensive.
The syllabus for Class 11 and 12 is geared to prepare students for All India competitive exams for entry to professional courses. There is a wide spectrum of subject choices for students and higher-order thinking is encouraged as reflected in the assessment policy.
The system of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) followed from Class 1 to 10 is a positive step in the direction of making education less stressful, make evaluation comprehensive and regular, provide space for the teacher for creative teaching, provide a tool of diagnosis and remedial action, and create a generation of learners with greater skills.
The CCE seeks to help develop cognitive, psychomotor and affective skills, lay emphasis on thought process, de- emphasize memorization and most importantly to make the process of teaching and learning a learner-centered activity.
The effort is to shift emphasis from the age-old method of rote-learning and stress on self awareness, problem solving, decision making, critical and creative thinking, interpersonal relationships, and effective communication.